Sample Short Term Lease Agreement Updated 11.20.2013
This Short Term Rental Agreement (the “Agreement”) is made by and between Melinda Haines (“Homeowner”) and ______________________________ (“Guest”) as of the date last set forth on the signature page of this Agreement. For good and valuable consideration, the sufficiency of which is acknowledged, the parties hereby agree as follows:
1. Property: The property is located at: 283 Greensview, Sewanee, Tennessee
The property is furnished and includes full kitchen, all linens and towels.
2. Rental Party: The rental party shall consist of Guest and the following persons: _____________________________ _____________________________
___________________________________ ____________________________ ________________________________ _____________________________
3. Maximum Occupancy: The maximum number of guests is limited to nine (9) persons.
4. Term of the Lease: The lease begins at 9:00 a.m. on ____________ (the “Check-in Date”) and ends at 1:00 p.m. on ______________(the “Checkout Date”).
5. Minimum Stay: This property requires a two (2) night minimum stay. Longer minimum stays may be required during holiday periods. If a rental is taken for less than two (2) days, the guest will be charged the two (2) night rate. Graduation Weekend is a minimum of three (3) night minimum stay.
6. Rental Rules: Guest agrees to abide by the Rental Rules attached as Exhibit A at all times while at the property and shall cause all members of the rental party and anyone else Guest permits on the property to abide by the following rules at all times while at the property.
7. Access: Guest shall allow Homeowner access to the property for purposes of repair and inspection. Homeowner shall exercise this right of access in a reasonable manner..
8. Rental Rate and Fees Regular Weekends
January through December
$1,400.00 ($500 each extra night)
Two Nights (minimum)
Cleaning Fee included.
Plus Sales Tax 9.75%
Damage Deposit $300 refundable
*Wedding Party Damage Deposit $1000 (upon review of lease)
Family Weekend, Orientation, Homecoming, Lessons and Carols
$1,500.00 ( $550 each extra night)
Two Nights (minimum)
Cleaning Fee Included
Plus Sales Tax 9.75%
Damage Deposit $400 refundable
$2,200.00 ($600 each extra night)
Three Nights (minimum)
Cleaning Fee Included.
Plus Sales Tax 9.75%
Damage Deposit $500 refundable
a. Deposit: A deposit of one-third (1/3) of total rent is due at the receipt of this agreement.
Remainder two-third (2/3) rent is due 90 days before rental.
The deposit is for security and shall be refunded within fourteen (14) days of the Checkout Date provided no deductions are made due to:
i. damage to the property or furnishings;
ii. dirt or other mess requiring excessive cleaning; or
iii. any other cost incurred by Homeowner due to Guest’s stay.
If the premises appear dirty or damaged upon Check-in, Guest shall inform Homeowner immediately.
b. Rental Rate. Payment in full of the following fees shall be due upon receipt of this agreement.
Rental rate and fees are as follows:
9. Cancellation Policy: If Guest wishes to cancel his/her reservation, the deposit will be refunded as follows:
100 % if cancelled 90 days prior to the Check-in Date
50 % if cancelled 60 days prior to the Check-in Date
25% if cancelled 30 days prior to the Check-in-Date
10. Insurance: We encourage all renters to purchase traveler insurance.
11. Payment: Acceptable payment methods are personal check or PayPal (PayPal service fees will be added to rental amount)
I agree that all rental monies are non-refundable per cancellation policy above. I have read my rights to purchase travel insurance.
The parties agree to the terms of this Short Term Rental Agreement, as evidenced by the signatures set forth below.
Phone number (during stay)
1. No smoking inside. Smoking is allowed outside only.
2. No parties are to be held at the home without the permission of the homeowner and the University.
3. People other than those in the Guest party set forth above may not stay overnight in the property. Any other person in the property is the sole responsibility of Guest.
4. All of the units are privately owned; the owners are not responsible for any accidents, injuries or illness that occurs while on the premises or its facilities. The Homeowners are not responsible for the loss of personal belongings or valuables of the guest. By accepting this reservation, it is agreed that all guests are expressly assuming the risk of any harm arising from their use of the premises or others whom they invite to use the premise.
5. Keep the property and all furnishings in good order
6. Only use appliances for their intended uses.
7. Pets are NOT allowed.
8. Parking: Parking is limited to three (3) vehicles. Vehicles are to be parked in the parking area which is immediately in front of the house. Parking in the driveway and lower apartment parking area is not permitted. Any illegally parked cars are subject to towing; applicable fines/towing fees are the sole responsibility of the vehicle owner.
9. Housekeeping: There is no daily housekeeping service. While linens and bath towels are included in the unit, daily maid service is not included in the rental rate. We do not permit towels or linens to be taken from the units.
10. Swimming Pool use is not allowed.
11. Fireplace: Open fireplace flue before you use the indoor fireplace. Please do not throw any paper or other combustible materials in the fireplace.
12. Garbage: Please properly bag garbage in the garbage cans provided.
13. Storms: No refunds will be given for storms or fog conditions [Mountain roads can be curvy and steep. We do not refund due to road conditions.]
13. Abide by all rules and regulations of The University of the South which can be seen at http://www.sewanee.edu/leases/policies
The University of the South - APPLICATION FOR SUBLEASE
I/we hereby request permission to sublet the residence located at 283 Greensview Road and also known as University Lease No. 75 to:
Name of sub lessee(s): ____________________________________
Mailing address: __________________________________________
Telephone number: _______________________________________
For a period of time beginning and ending __________________________________________________
I/we understand that I/we remain responsible for compliance with all of the terms of the lease with the University and for the payment to the University for the community garbage service charged against this lease. I/we have furnished the sub lessee named above with a copy of the University lease on this property and information about the community garbage service.
Date: ________________________ Signed: Melinda Haines
Mailing address and phone number at which I may be reached during my absence from Sewanee: 119 Cherry Lane, Murfreesboro, TN 37130 615-308-1575
I/we, as sublessee(s), affirm that we have received a copy of the University lease covering this property and hereby agree to comply with all applicable terms of said lease. Further, I/we have received a copy of the Sewanee Garbage Collection Services Policy and agree to comply with said policy.
Name: (print or type)
Relationship to Sewanee:
The University hereby consents to the sublease of this property according to the terms and conditions set forth in this agreement.
Superintendent of Leases
UNIVERSITY GARBAGE POLICIY
SEWANEE GARBAGE COLLECTION SERVICES POLICY
1. Participation is required of all residences, commercial property and other non-residential establishments within the domain of The University of the South.
2. Residential customers will have a regularly scheduled pick-up once each week. Effective July 1, 2014,
a residential customer will be billed by the University at the rate of $69.75 per quarter.
3. Commercial and other non-residential establishments will have a regularly scheduled pick-up not less than once each week. Additional weekly pick-ups will be scheduled as may be required for particular establishments in order to maintain the premises in a clean and sanitary condition and to keep the quantity of waste to be collected within reasonable limits. Effective July 1, 2014, commercial and other non-residential customers will be billed by the University a minimum of $47.50 per month or $142.50 per quarter, or $128.50 per month or $385.50 per quarter for dumpsters.
4. A residence which has for rent an apartment with kitchen facilities will receive a single bill at the commercial rate. A residence which has a physically separated apartment will be billed for each at the residential rate.If a building contains two or more physically separated and unrelated commercial establishments the leaseholder will be billed for each at the commercial rate.
5. Residential garbage to be collected under this service will include food waste, cans, bottles, waste paper, newspapers and magazines, which are regularly discarded. Garbage bags or cans should be placed by the side of the road ahead of the time of the scheduled pick-up and empty cans should be removed as soon after the pick-up as possible. At commercial locations, it will also include the accumulations of empty cartons provided they are broken down for compact carriage. The use of heavy-duty plastic garbage bags is recommended but is not required. When garbage bags are not used garbage cans should be of metal or heavy duty plastic, with tight fitting lids. The garbage collectors are not responsible for garbage and trash that is scattered over the ground. Commercial locations are advised to call the contractor to discuss the size and type of container most appropriate for their particular business.
6. The garbage collection service does not include the removal of quantities of leaves or branches, or of large broken toys or bicycles, or of discarded yard equipment, appliances, bedding, furniture, automobiles or auto parts, etc. Removal and disposal of the other items that are not within the garbage collection service will remain the responsibility of the owner.
There is no community curbside brush or leaf pickup. Disposal of vegetation and yard waste over the bluff, on trails, in streams, in drainage ditches, etc., is prohibited.
a. Leaves: For a fee, Grounds Operations of Physical Plant Services (PPS) will pick up leaves piled at the curbside (no brush or brush mixed in) at residential leaseholds on the Domain. This service is available seasonally, November through January. Call PPS for cost of service.
b. Brush: For a fee, PPS will pick up brush piled at residential leasehold in an accessible location. Call PPS for cost of service.
7. Whenever a regularly scheduled garbage collection is interrupted by a University holiday, extreme weather conditions, or other emergency, every effort will be made to have the pick-up as soon as possible thereafter, usually the next business day.
8. Service to a location will be withheld, and charges suspended, only under the following conditions: In the case of a residence if the premises will be unoccupied for three or more consecutive calendar months; in the case of a commercial establishment if the business is to be permanently closed. In either instance a written request suspension of the service and the billing must be submitted in advance to the Rental Housing Office or the Leasehold Office as appropriate.
9. Customers desiring to arrange for special services such as where cans are not able to be placed by the road, or where large items are to be removed which are not within the items acceptable for the regular collection, should negotiate directly with the contractor. The charges for those services will also be handled directly and not included in the University billing.
10. The citizens of Sewanee are asked to keep in mind that the maintenance of a community-wide garbage service is essential to a clean and attractive community. The cost of that service must be held to the lowest possible level, and the cooperation of everyone is needed. As one method of holding down costs, the billing of charges is done once every three months instead of monthly for non-employees and payroll deduction for employees who elect this option.
11. The present contractor for the garbage collection service is Joe B. Long, Jr. whose telephone number is (931) 580-2556 cell. You may also call either of the following numbers (931) 598-0939 or (931) 924-2555 to reach him.
12. The University's representative for this service is Melissa Burnette, Administrative Manager, Physical Plant Services at (931) 598-1171.
Garbage should either be enclosed and tied in a plastic bag or placed in cans with well-fitted lids. Dogs can be a problem and care should be taken to prevent dogs from strewing garbage. It shall be the responsibility of the resident to clean up any trash that has become scattered.
Garbage should be on the side of the road by 7:00 a.m. on the day of the scheduled pick-up. Any problems concerning the garbage pick-up should be directed to the garbage contractor, Joe B. Long at (931) 580-2556, (931) 598-0939, or (931) 924-2555.
Recycling materials will be picked up on the first and third Fridays of each month. All materials (plastic, paper, and aluminum) must be separated and placed in see-through garbage bags and placed at the end of the driveway before 7 a.m.
Monday: Lake O'Donnell Road, Bob Stewman Road, Bobtown Circle, Sherwood Road & Ball Park Road, Mimosa Circle, Baker’s Lane, Hat Rock Road, Winn’s Circle.
Tuesday: Carruthers Road, University Avenue to E. H. Hospital; Curlicue Road and Morgan's Steep Road; South Carolina Avenue, North Carolina Avenue, Oklahoma Avenue, Arkansas Avenue, Tennessee Avenue, Proctor's Hall Road, Kentucky Avenue to Highway 64, Maple Street, Mikell Lane, Laurel Drive, and the Midway Service Area.
Wednesday: Florida Avenue, Clara’s Point, Wiggins Creek, Virginia Avenue, Texas Avenue, Breakfield Road, Horse Barn, Woodlands, and Curlicue Road.
Thursday: Alabama Avenue, Georgia Avenue, Mississippi Avenue, Willie-Six Road, Faculty Circle, above golf course, Running Knob Hollow & Green’s View Road, Sollace Freeman Highway, Louisiana Circle.
Friday: Dormitories & University.
Call Joe B. Long, the Garbage Contractor, at (931) 580-2556 to make arrangements for removing boxes, stoves, refrigerators, etc. He will come to your home and give you a price quotation and the date that the special pick-up will be made. All charges for this service will be handled by Mr. Long.